[Crash-utility] kdump format may be updated

Kazuo Moriwaka moriwaka at valinux.co.jp
Thu Oct 19 02:39:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Is NT_XEN_DOM0_CR3 not being used by x86_64 by mistake,
> or on purpose?  Or perhaps you're saying that it's going to be
> pulled out completely?

I'm afraid it may be deleted while patch-cleaning process..

> > I know you don't want to treat xen binary file with crash, but I'm
> > not clear why.  Please discuss with him directly to make up xen kdump
> > file formats.  The patch will be merged into xen-3.0.4.
> > I hope we can find solution before merge.
> >

> The crash utility is wholly based upon the internal structure
> of the Linux kernel.

Yes, I think so.  I (and Magnus) are not clean about mismatch factor for
getting 'idle_pg_table' and 'dom0->shared_info->pfn_to_mfn_frame_list_list'
from xen binary in crash is_netdump routine.
I think appealing this terribleness may help keep ELF Core headers.

Kazuo Moriwaka <moriwaka at valinux.co.jp>