[Crash-utility] Debugging PPC crash-dumps on x86_64

Andreas Loeffler al at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 8 17:50:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 14:46 +0000, Vivek P wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have a crash-dump generated on  PPC  using diskdump .
> Can this crash-dump be analyzed using crash-utility running on a
> x86_64
> machine ?
i have taken over the work from rainer bawidamann:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/crash-utility/2006-May/msg00039.html

currently we are using a patched version of crash (based on 4.0-3.21)
that can analyze dumps from ppc32 on x86.

my plan would be to cleanup and adapt the patchset for the latest
version of crash in some more general.
so maybe this reaches a point where it could get applied to the mainline
of crash ... but i know that this was discussed before here and not
everyone feels an urgent need for such patch.

andreas