[Crash-utility] Re: crash and sles 9 dumps

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Fri Aug 10 15:19:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

* Daniel Li <dli at virtualiron.com> [2007-08-09 18:58]:
> I got it working with vmlinux.dbg rebuilt with SMP flag turned on.

LKCD dumps should work with the SLES9 kernel. But not with Kerntypes
file, but with a kernel guilt with debug info (-g).

> I wonder what was going on with crash and the kerntypes file, which was
> working with lcrash.

The latest crash works with Kerntypes file. However, I did not test
whether it works with LKCD dump files.

In general: For SLES/LKCD use always the (open)SUSE RPMs from the
distribution or the latest one from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/kdump/ as it
contains two patches in that area. I can add a SLE9 target if
that would make sense (but only for some specific packages, crash
should work, however).

For bugs about this, file a bug report in Novell bugzilla and assign
it to me (bwalle at novell.com). If it's a general bug in crash, then we
can re-discuss it here.

Thanks,
   Bernhard (SUSE crash maintainer)