[Crash-utility] problems running crash on recent rawhide live kernels

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 18:47:49 UTC 2007

Dave Anderson wrote:

 >  crash> pid_link 0xffff810018899b88
 >  struct pid_link {
 >    node = {
 >      next = 0x0,
 >      pprev = 0xffff81000106ed80
 >    },
 >    pid = 0xcccccccccccccccc
 >  }

 > Does anybody have an idea what the significance of the
 > 0xcccccccccccccccc is?  Or what is wrong with gathering
 > the tasks in that manner?

Note to Self,

Hmmm, probably due to this slub cache code:

#define SLUB_RED_ACTIVE         0xcc

static void init_object(struct kmem_cache *s, void *object, int active)
{
         u8 *p = object;

         if (s->flags & __OBJECT_POISON) {
                 memset(p, POISON_FREE, s->objsize - 1);
                 p[s->objsize -1] = POISON_END;
         }

         if (s->flags & SLAB_RED_ZONE)
                 memset(p + s->objsize,
                         active ? SLUB_RED_ACTIVE : SLUB_RED_INACTIVE,
                         s->inuse - s->objsize);
}

and since the cc's I'm seeing are in the red zone, I guess
that that the pid_hash[] entry must just point to an
un-embedded hlist_node (?).

Back to the drawing board...