[Crash-utility] Crash segv

Ben Woodard woodard at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 20:24:42 UTC 2007

Dave here is a segv for you to look at. I have the core file if you want
it. It looks to me like it doesn't like it when the booted kernel is not
the mismatch between the kernel and the vmlinux file. I don't expect it
crash to run successfully in this situation, trying to do this was a
mistake on my part. However, I do think that crash shouldn't segv.

BTW IT#123806

4 [ben at wopri ~]$sudo crash /boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-70chaos

crash 4.0-4.1
<snip>
WARNING: /boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-70chaos and /proc/version do not match!

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
5 [ben at wopri ~]$uname -a
Linux wopri 2.6.9-69chaos #1 SMP Wed May 23 07:41:13 PDT 2007 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
-ben
-=-