[Crash-utility] handling missing kdump pages in diskdump format

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 13:31:54 UTC 2007

Dave Anderson wrote:

> Can you make the vmlinux/vmcore pair available to me?  Then I
> fix this particular issue as well as testing my implementation of the
> crash utility's excluded page handling.
>
> Thanks,
>   Dave

On another note, would it be possible to pass the "dump_level" in the
diskdump header somehow -- while maintaining backwards
compatibility with compressed-diskdump files?  Perhaps in the
upper bits of the diskdump->header_version, or something
like that?

I think it would be useful to know exactly which types of pages
were excluded from a dumpfile when analyzing it.