[Crash-utility] Crash on RHEL5 IA64 boxes.

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Thu Oct 11 12:26:55 UTC 2007

* Pierre Amadio <pamadio at redhat.com> [2007-10-11 14:16]:

> Knowing somebody already succeed using crash with ia64 would be
> helpfull as right now, i do not know if this is an architecture
> dependent bug or a problem in my configuration.

Crash works fine on IA64. But I think you don't have a problem with
crash -- you have one with kdump (kernel bug) if the core file is
empty.

There were IA64 kernel versions with empty core files. One problem was
a alignment problem with core headers with a specific version of
kexec-tools-testing, another was a max_pfn too low in the kernel.

Thanks,
   Bernhard