[Crash-utility] crash and SLES 9/10 kernels

Daniel Li dli at virtualiron.com
Tue Sep 25 14:50:31 UTC 2007

Just want to share my findings:

 From what I saw, the debug smp kernels found in 'kernel-smp-debuginfo'
packages for SLES10  (for SLES9SP3, it is 'kernel-smp-debug') from the
KOTD ftp site (ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/kotd/) work well
with 'crash'. All you need to do is to feed it along with the
corresponding non-debug kernel to 'crash', no matter you are using it on
a live system or on dumps. There must be something I missed while
building SMP debug kernels myself from the source, although I still
don't know what that was.

Later,
Daniel