[Crash-utility] cannot resolve: "end_pfn" with recent rawhide kernel

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 14:37:59 UTC 2008

Jeff Layton wrote:
> Attempting to open a core from a recent x86_64 rawhide kernel and am
> getting this error:
>
>     crash: cannot resolve: "end_pfn"
>
> kernel 2.6.27-0.244.rc2.git1.fc10.x86_64
> crash-4.0-7.x86_64
>
> The host is a FV xen guest and the core was generated with "xm
> dump-core". Let me know if you need other info (or if I should open a
> BZ).
>
> Thanks,

Please -- no bugzillas on upstream kernel issues...  Reporting them
to this list is the way to go.

If you have the vmlinux/vmcore pair, send them to me off-line and I'll
take a look.

As a general heads-up, there are known problems with 2.6.26 support
as well.  Usually my army of crash developers are right on top of things
with upstream kernels, forwarding patches to this list, but they're
slipping lately...   ;-)