[Crash-utility] crash and libvirt, and more

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 20:15:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:06:49AM +0100, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Sounds like another possible use for the "debuginfo-server" idea that
> comes up periodically. There are a couple of things that could benefit
> from a centralised way of managing a collection of kernel (or other
> package) debug data.

Sounds interesting.

What I was actually trying (not successfully yet) was to see if I
could make a fake binary which just contains debug info for the few
kernel structures I care about.  Starting with task_struct as an
example.  Then it should be a simple matter of loading those symbols
using 'symbol-file'.

These "fake binaries" should be quite a lot smaller than an entire
vmlinux.

As I said I haven't actually made this work yet.

Also working on a virDomainMemoryPeek patch for crash.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v