[Crash-utility] determining a "valid" vmcore

Andrew Hecox ahecox at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 14:48:19 UTC 2008

hello,

I'm looking at a customer issue where diskdumpmsg is unable to read a
vmcore file. It is not clear if this a problem with the vmcore file or
diskdumpmsg. I can load the vmcore with crash and in my naive usage of
it, can see no problems. However, I'm new to the tool so that doesn't
give me a lot of confidence.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how or if I can use crash to help
determine if there's corruption in the vmcore file? Or any other way of
approaching the problem?

Thanks much,

Andrew