[Crash-utility] 2.6.25-rc2-git1 test

Solofo Ramangalahy solofo.ramangalahy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:17:55 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 4:53 PM, Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm amazed it made it to the prompt with just that change.

I checked it with 2.6.25-rc1-ext4-1 (but used 2.6.25-rc2 for the
initial submission),
and double-checked with unpatched binary.
Appart from .config (which was defconfig + minimal changes for kexec/kdump),
I think I did not forgot to disclose any information for people to reproduce.

> Reports would be fine, and if it's possible for you to make the
> vmcore and and vmlinux files available for me to download, it
> would probably help move things along quicker.

I am contacting you off-list for the possibilities...
(short summary is that downloading 4GB dump at few dozens of KB/s
is not easy, probably even compressed at ~50MB).

--
solofo