[Crash-utility] source line numbers and modules

Alan Tyson atyson at hp.com
Wed Jan 16 13:36:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

Could someone please explain why we cannot get source line numbers when
disassembling modules?  Is the problem missing functionality in
store_load_module_symbols() or is there an inherent limitation with the
gdb linked in with crash in that it cannot accept additional debug_line
information for modules?  I ask because gdb has this functionality for
user-space shared libraries and it seems to work OK.  Or am I missing
something which is much more complex?

Thanks,

Alan Tyson,
Hewlett-Packard.