[Crash-utility] crash API?

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 13:23:57 UTC 2008

James Washer wrote:
> I'm back with another wild question.
>
> There are often times I'd like to use crash more as a library than a
> utility. I've plaid with using "expect" routines, but find them rather
> clumsy.
>
> Has there ever been any discussion of a crash library or other API where
> I might have the niceties of crash with a clean interface...
>
> perhaps something along the lines of
>
> crash=crash::open(kernel,dump)
> crash->bt(pid)
> crash->rd(address, length)
>
> etc..
>
> thanks
>
>  - jim

Well, there's "alicia" (Advanced LInux Crash-dump Interactive Analyzer)
that provides some kind of perl interface:

   http://alicia.sourceforge.net/

I've never used it, and the site doesn't seem too active these days.

And there's the python extension referred to here:

   http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions.html

which points to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykdump

Anything beyond those two are unbeknownst to me.