[Crash-utility] "cannot access vmalloc'd module memory" when loading kdump'ed vmcore in crash

Worth, Kevin kevin.worth at hp.com
Fri Oct 10 20:59:00 UTC 2008

Thanks for the explanation, Dave.

I tried adding some printf's to memory.c (before the goto try_dev_kmem, then before and after the call to read_dev_kmem). It does in fact look like it's taking the read_dev_kmem path... a couple examples (a ton of these are printed, so if there is any specific address to look for let me know, but I presume this is just confirming what you suspected.

-Kevin

About to goto try_dev_kmem. paddr is 3aa10000
going to read_dev_kmem with addr f8841000 bufptr 84346c0 cnt 4096
readcnt from read_dev_kmem is 4096

About to goto try_dev_kmem. paddr is 3aa07000
going to read_dev_kmem with addr f8842000 bufptr 84356c0 cnt 1796
readcnt from read_dev_kmem is 1796