[Crash-utility] kmem -[sS] segfault on 2.6.25.17

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 20:04:14 UTC 2008

Mike,

Apply this patch to 4.0-7.4 and run it on your live system.

It works with the sample vmcore you sent me, and it should also alleviate
many of the errors that I suggested might be due to the underlying
shifting sands of your live system.

I don't know why this is the first report of this, nor why I've never
seen this before?  The problem has to do with using invalid entries
in the kmem_cache.nodelists[MAXNUMNODES] array of kmem_list3 data
structures.  To date, the unused entries have typically been NULL
for non-existent memory nodes, but not so with your kernel.

Let me know how it works for you.