[Crash-utility] cpu online map changes in 2.6.29

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 12:53:03 UTC 2009

----- "Michael Holzheu" <holzheu at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently crash does not work with 2.6.29 kernels, because of changes in
> the cpu_online_map code:
>
> crash 4.0-8.9
> Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009  Red
> Hat,
> Inc.
> crash: cannot resolve "cpu_online_map"
>
> Is anybody working on that issue?
>
> Michael

Not that I'm aware of -- you volunteering?

Looks like all 3 cpu_xxx_map references (online, present and possible)
that crash potentially uses need to be able to recognize and handle the
need to access them via their cpu_xxx_mask variables.  And as always,
to maintain backwards-compatibility, i.e., to recognize when neither
cpu_xxx_map and cpu_xxx_mask exist, such as in really older kernels...

Let us know if you can undertake the task.