[Crash-utility] [Patch] ia64 block_size mismatch issue.

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Fri Jan 9 17:48:09 UTC 2009

* Robin Holt [2009-01-09 11:40]:

> ia64 recently changed the default page size from 16KB to 64KB.  Trying
> to analyze a dump taken on a 64KB system on a 16KB page system fails.
> Fix this problem by reallocating and rereading the header when block_size
> mismatches.

That's only one part of the problem. Your patch doesn't handle ELF
dumps (netdump.c). There are also other parts that need update. I have
a more complete patch that was also tested on PPC, too. Dave, should I
port that patch to the current crash release or don't you want that
changes in crash?

    Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Architecture Development