[Crash-utility] [Patch] ia64 block_size mismatch issue.

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Fri Jan 9 18:46:23 UTC 2009

* Dave Anderson [2009-01-09 13:22]:

> Robin's patch should be OK for diskdump vmcores, although I wasn't even
> aware that the diskdump facility was actively being carried forward into
> post-kdump kernels?

diskdump is the format makedumpfile uses when -E is not specified.
I think that's why he made the patch, not for the original diskdump of
Red Hat.

> But for kdump vmcores, it seems that kdump_page_size() needs to
> be made smarter, although I'm not sure where would it get the
> page size -- vmcoreinfo?

The diskdump header for kdump compressed, vmcoreinfo for ELF.

I just think: If we support foreign page sizes then everything
(since it's quite easily doable) and not only diskdump.

    Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Architecture Development