[Crash-utility] bt -f (ia64)

Cliff Wickman cpw at sgi.com
Fri Jan 30 20:05:23 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

In using crash yesterday on an ia64 dump I found that "bt -f" did
not show contents of the stack. Neither memory stack nor
stacked registers.
(It does show the "bsp" pointer to backing storage, which helps)

It must have displayed the stacks' contents in the past, as the help for
bt says:
       -f  display all stack data contained in a frame; this option can be
           used to determine the arguments passed to each function; on ia64,
           the argument register contents are dumped.

I don't find any discussion on this subject.
Can you tell me anything about the status of it?

Thanks.
-Cliff