[Crash-utility] Re: nr_cpus is not calculated properly

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 12:36:43 UTC 2009

----- "Michael Holzheu" <holzheu at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 12.06.2009, 09:04 -0400 schrieb Dave Anderson:
> > ----- "Wei Jiang" <talk90091e at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > In my test, I did not see any exceptions else due to my 32bits dump
> > > file is corrupted. As you know, a incorrect nr_cpus will
> > > lead to some following fields(dha_smp_current_task, dha_stack) are
> > > pointed to a error location, which might be a potential defect and
> > > will be raised in future.
> >
> > Actually I don't know -- so that's why I asked.  I almost never see
> > an LKCD dumpfile.
> >

> Just FYI: For s390 we still use the lkcd dump format in some cases.
> Therefore we still need the support in crash.

No problem -- I understand.  I didn't mean to imply that LKCD support was
being dropped.  But I am operating in the blind here, and I just wanted
as much information about what the end result of the i386 header inconsistency
was.  And I still prefer not to tinker with the LKCD files unless I get a
sign-off from folks like yourself who still use it.