[Crash-utility] Usage Advice

CAI Qian caiqian at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 06:38:13 UTC 2009

Hallo!

There are a few things that bother me the most regards the crash utility
usages.

1) Pointer remains at the beginning after the UP array key. When
   entering the UP array key, it repeats the last command like,

   crash> struct struct_tss

   However, then the current position remains at the beginning. It is
   usually unlike in bash that the current position remains at the end,
   so it is easier to update the command like,

   crash> struct struct_tss ffffffff819f1764

2) Pressing PgUp/PgDn when input leads nothing can be input. This happens like,

   crash> log

   In order to see the full log output, I may press PgDn several
   times. However, if continue pressing the key after the output has
   already finished like,

   crash>

   there seems no way to input anything unless pressing Enter several
   times until reach the next prompt.

3) Ctrl-C is not working to cancel the current input. GDB has the same
   problem. It needs to press Ctrl-C several times to get it to a new
   prompt.

Thanks!
CAI Qian