[Crash-utility] Re: Fix for source line numbers for x86_64 modules

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 19:36:16 UTC 2009

----- "John Wright (ALPS, Fort Collins)" <john.wright at hp.com> wrote:

> >   crash> dis -l register_kprobes
> >   < never returns >
>
> I wonder if it would eventually return after minutes or hours?  (Not
> that this is acceptable - I'm just curious.)

Anyway, I tried it again, and it came back 6 minutes later,
so my "never returns" claim was a bit of a exaggeration...
Sorry about that...

But stranger still -- I mis-typed the hanging command above.

It's takes several minutes to run "dis -l register_kprobe", whereas
"dis -l register_kprobes" works OK -- they're both in the same
neighborhood:

  ffffffff813af401 (T) register_kprobe
  ffffffff813afac4 (T) register_kprobes

> > With your new patch (and unpatched for that matter) it works OK.
>
> Great!  Sorry for the original mess.  It was quick and dirty, and solved
> the specific problem Bob and I were having.  I think this version is
> correct, though.

Queued for the next release.

Again, thanks very much,