[Crash-utility] Crash issue when loading vmcore

Paul-Kenji Cahier Furuya pkc at f1-photo.com
Mon Aug 23 21:09:47 UTC 2010

On 08/23/2010 22:51, Dave Anderson wrote:
> So that doesn't make any sense unless the vmlinux file and the vmlinux that
> was running on the crashed kernel are not the same kernels.  Are you using
> a different kernel as the secondary kdump kernel?

Just checked kdump's config and it says:
#     If these are not set, kdump-config will try to use the current
#     and initrd if it is relocatable.
And I did not set those variables.

However I checked and found out the vmlinuz(bzImage, 7.7MB extracted)
being run seems to be stripped, while the vmlinux from the kernel
directory(124MB) is not.

Could this affect the result? Is there any way to deal properly with
that situation?(I am using my own kernel builds, so I do not have any
"debug kernel" packages)