[Crash-utility] crash-5.0: zero-size memory-allocation

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 14:18:53 UTC 2010

----- "ville mattila" <ville.mattila at stonesoft.com> wrote:

> That would be usefull, just warn that some major corruption seems to have
> happen.It is always good to get atleast some crash info out. For example
> dmesg and bt. I'll gladly test patches, if needed.

Patch attached...

> Also one question. Is there some hidden option that will show all the
> hidden crash command line options, e.g. --no_kmem_cache and alike?

No, for the most part they are there for debugging crash itself,
or were put in place as a result of specific odd-ball vmcores,
or short-time kernels that were missing a key ingredient, etc.

So, for example, with the attached patch, --no_kmem_cache should
not be needed, even with your horrifically corrupted vmcore...