[Crash-utility] dev -p command fails post linux 2.6.25

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue May 11 12:38:01 UTC 2010

----- "Sharyathi Nagesh" <sharyath at in.ibm.com> wrote:

> Dave
> >
> > Actually, at a minimum, I should change this:
> >
> > if (!symbol_exists("pci_devices")) error(FATAL, "no PCI devices found
> > on this system.\n");
> >
> > to the generic option_not_supported() message.
>
> Can you accept this change I basically replaced above error message to
> option_not_supported() call.
> Do let me know your observation
> Thanks
> Sharyathi N

Hi Sharyathi,

The patch that I already have queued is attached:

         - Fix the error message for the "dev -p" comand when run on 2.6.26
           or later kernels, which no longer have the global "pci_devices"
           list head.  The patch changes the message to show "dev: -p option
           not supported or applicable on this architecture or kernel", instead
           of the misleading "dev: no PCI devices found on this system" message.
           (anderson at redhat.com)