[Crash-utility] ARM SMP

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Wed Oct 6 11:09:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 11:40:17AM +0200, Per Fransson wrote:

> I actually have one question regarding the crash notes. The way I see
> it, picking them up directly from the dump, like we do now, instead of
> putting them in ELF notes in the core dump file, isn't ARM specific.
> Is there any reason for doing this differently for different
> architectures?

Hard to say since I've only been working with ARM part.

Might be something to do with different crashdump formats supported
by crash or perhaps some historic reason? Dave, any comments on this?

Looking history for the kernel/kexec.c shows that crash_notes has
been there from the early days of the kexec code.

Regards,
MW