[Crash-utility] [patch] crash on a KVM-generated dump

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 15:26:35 UTC 2010

----- "Sami Liedes" <sliedes at cc.hut.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 11:07:10AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> > How did you come up with the "131" size?
>
> Just by adding debugging prints and inspecting the qcow2 image. So it
> may be very much incorrect, except in this one case.

Damn -- this "borrowed usage" of the savevm format for virsh dump is
really getting to be a pain in the ass...

Looking at the qemu-kvm sources, it's not obvious to me what the size
of the the "slirp" device would be in the dumpfile.  And apparently
Red Hat kernels don't use that device or somebody else would have
bumped into it, but I'll check with Paolo Bonzini to verify the number.