[Crash-utility] [RFC] makedumpfile, crash: LZO compression support

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 13:59:35 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Kumagai-san,
>
> Thanks for the evaluation.
>
> So I'll re-post the patch soon removing RFC prefix in header. But
> there is a remaining fix for checking command-line parameters relevant
> to addition of the 'l' option.
>
> How about the patch adding compression/IO time report?
> I intended it only for the presentation of this RFC.
>
> I'll post the corresponding patch in crash's side after crash 6.0.2 is
> released, waiting for new configuration editing feature as Dave has
> explained.

FYI, it's already in 6.0.1:

       - Allow the user to append data to the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables in
         the top-level Makefile.  The extra data should be put in files named
         "CFLAGS.extra" and "LDFLAGS.extra" in the top-level directory; if
         either or both files exist, the extra data within them will be
         appended to the relevant variable.  Typically the LDFLAGS.extra file
         will contain "-l<library>" strings, and the CFLAGS.extra file will
         contain "-D<value>" strings.  This will allow the crash utility to
         be built with optional libraries, and the code that references them
         to be encapsulated with associated "#ifdef <value>" sections.  The
         extra CFLAGS data will also be passed to extension modules that are
         built within the local "crash-<version>/extensions" subdirectory.
         (anderson at redhat.com)