[Crash-utility] ARM support for CONFIG_SPARSEMEM: (was Re:DDimage)

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Thu May 26 17:39:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 09:42:00AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:

> Is that what's happening here?  I don't understand the __pv_stub()
> stuff, but if the virtual-to-physical unity-mapping is as Takuo
> described, then there would have to be a change to the ARM VTOP/PTOV
> macros.

I think that this has nothing to do with the error. The pv code is there to
facilitate creating a single binary kernel on ARM. Kernel still has constant
PHYS_OFFSET but we patch v<->p instructions runtime to make the kernel adapt
with the load address.

So having correct PHYS_OFFSET should be enough.