[Crash-utility] Fix use after free in sial variable lists

Lachlan McIlroy lmcilroy at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 00:17:27 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

> > Lachlan - thanks for chasing this down.
> > Your fix will work and is safe. The real problem is that we call
> > the
> > help and usage functions for the associated command even if we are
> > doing an unload. We should really only call these during a load.

That makes even better sense.  I figured someone who knew the code
would point out the proper way to fix it!  Thanks Luc.

> > Can you try the patch below against your test case?

Using just your patch it passes my test case - I can load/unload 100+
times without a problem.

> Lachlan is in Melbourne and most likely will not be responding until
> tomorrow.
>
> But anyway, I'll also queue this patch for crash-6.0.1 -- which I'd
> hoped to get out today, but I'll defer it until tomorrow.

Thanks Dave, I was waiting for 6.0.1 for another fix so it's good for
us to get both in that release.