[Crash-utility] ARM w/40-bit physical address space and ARM64

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 13:00:46 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:36:11AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> >
> > By any chance are you gents looking into updating the crash
> > utility's
> > ARM support for its new 40-bit PAE capability, or the 64-bit ARM
> > architecture?
>
> Sorry for the late response, I've been on vacation and unable to read my
> email.

Lot of that going around lately...  ;-)

> Unfortunately I don't have access to any newer ARM hardware that have larger
> address space. If someone who has such hardware could provide a sample
> vmlinux/vmcore files to me, I can do the implementation.

Hi Mika,

I don't of the existence of any vmcores.  Do you know off-hand if kdump would
work, or whether it's currently possible that a 40-bit PAE kernel can kexec itself?
Typically in the past with new arches I have always got crash working on the
live system first.

But anyway, I appreciate the offer -- good to know...