[Crash-utility] Is there any support for userspace stack dump for crash utility?

Lei Wen adrian.wenl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:00:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to find help here that does anyone have tried to get the
crash utility support the userspace stack dumping, or it already be
supported?
Certainly userspace crash would not cause kernel panic, but for more
robust product, we force kernel panic and trigger the kdump at every
userspace crash.
So the support for dumping user stack is import to us.

Anyone has some idea to this feature?
If we could get the stack like stack dump from userspace to kernel
space with parameter showing, then that is perfect.

Example:
-010|do_vfs_ioctl(filp = 0xCE575500, ?, ?, arg = 1181448720)
-011|sys_ioctl(fd = 27, cmd = 30000, arg = 1181448720)
-012|ret_fast_syscall(asm)
-->|exception
-013|__ioctl(asm)
-014|ioctl(?, request = 0)