[Crash-utility] bug in cmdline.c

Bruce Korb bruce.korb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:44:46 UTC 2012

On 02/16/12 11:06, Dave Anderson wrote:
>> Would you fix it, please?  Thank you.
>
> No, I won't.  You're welcome.
>
> This discussion came up many years ago.  Some people want the command
> interspersed and others do not.  The "silent" variable was the compromise.

Ick.  Backup plan:  add "<" to the list of commands that get help
and make a note (strongly :) that any command output redirected to
shell commands will get the command prompt and full command line
sent to it as well.  It is very unexpected.  Perhaps an example
like the one I sent showing the merged text.  Advertise the feature
so it won't bite so hard.

Thank you!

$ cat test-in
mod | cat > test-out
$ crash [.....]
crash> < test-in
crash> quit
$ cat test-out
crash> mod | cat > test-out
      MODULE       NAME            SIZE  OBJECT FILE
ffffffffa0001200  craytrace       6284  (not loaded)  [CONFIG_KALLSYMS]
[...]