[Crash-utility] crash-6.0.2 won't do module source lines on our kernel

Bob Montgomery bob.montgomery at hp.com
Thu Jan 26 00:16:29 UTC 2012

I've reverted back to crash-5.1.9 and applied my kmem patch to that for
our use here.  We're using a 3.1-based kernel, and need the kmem patch
so crash can deal with the change in CONFIG_SLAB, but we're building
with gcc-4.4.5 and don't really need the new gdb in crash-6.0.2, and
crash-6.0.2 is not giving module source line numbers for us with "dis
-l".

This is just a heads up.  I don't know why 6.0.2 is failing this, and
since I found the last module source line number problem, it's not my
turn ;-)

Bob Montgomery