[Crash-utility] Fix bug of list -h

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 15:28:42 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> At 2012-6-7 21:39, Dave Anderson wrote:
> > I think the -h description should state that the address is a pointer to
> > a "data structure containing a list_head".  The "next" sentence probably
> > doesn't belong there, because it's pretty much repeating the list_head
> > related discussion above in help page's number "2" section.  And
> > there should probably be a caveat re: the fact that there may be
> > a bogus structure address shown in the case of an external LIST_HEAD()
> > or a starting list_head that's in a different data structure entirely.
> >
> > And most importantly, a simple but clear example should be shown.
>
> Hello Dave,
>
> I made some modification to help__list. Is it suitable to describe the
> function of "-h" option?

Not bad -- in fact it's pretty good English!  ;-)

However, I will amplify your documentation to add a caveat for the display
of a bogus structure address (and -s <structure> contents) if:

(1) the list passes through a standalone external LIST_HEAD, or
(2) the list passes through a starting list_head that is contained within
    a different structure type.

Queued for crash-6.0.8.