[Crash-utility] multiple structs with the same name

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 13:06:22 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:45:55 -0400 (EDT)
> Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > So I suppose we *could* have a new crash "block" environment variable,
> > settable with the "set" command, and then while it's in play you would
> > see stuff based upon that particular scope.  Hmmm...
> >
> > I just wonder if it's worth it given the parcity of actual examples of
> > multiple structs with the same name.  That's why I'm wondering if
> > anybody else on the list has run into this kind of problem?
>
> If I remember correctly, I already had such a problem some time ago and
> IMHO it would be very useful to have the possibility in crash to define
> the current context.
>
> Michael

Yeah, OK -- in fact, I've got to believe that there must be examples
that exist within the base kernel itself, and not just with modules.

Anyway, for crash-6.0.8 I'll queue up a "set context" (or "set scope"?)
environment variable that takes a kernel/module text address -- with
a default of 0 to keep the behavior the same as it is now.