[Crash-utility] How to use scripts in crash?

Luc Chouinard LChouinard at s2sys.com
Wed Mar 7 20:41:57 UTC 2012

> In any case, a very simple example that shows the basics such as the
above, as
> well as kernel-data access, and any other fundamentals to get someone
on their
> way would be *really* helpful to put on the extensions page.  I've
asked folks to
> forward me their sial scripts on a number of occasions, but for
whatever reason,
> nobody has.
>
> Thanks,
>   Dave

It has been so long, and did not have an image/namelist to fire crash
against at the time.
I should set myself up properly. That explains the errors.

One can only access the Xarg string if the Xflag int variable is set.
You need to declare tval somewhere as a string as well.

I mean to get a sial archive going at some point in the future.  Maybe a
git repo where folks can add and contribute. I am still thinking of
doing it when I get the time.

I'll write a better example and forward to the list asap.

   -Luc