[Crash-utility] Kernel Crash Analysis on Android

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Wed Mar 21 19:56:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 06:00:00PM +0000, Shankar, AmarX wrote:

> I want to do kernel crash Analysis on Android Merrifield Target.
>
> Could someone please help me how to do it?

Merrifield is pretty much similar than Medfield, e.g it has x86 core. So I
guess you can follow the instructions how to setup kdump on x86 (see
Documentation/kdump/kdump.txt) unless you already have that configured.

crash should support this directly presuming you have vmlinux/vmcore files to
feed it. You can configure crash to support x86 on x86_64 host by running:

	% make target=X86
	& make

(or something along those lines).