[Crash-utility] Regarding kexec on Ubuntu.

Shankar, AmarX amarx.shankar at intel.com
Fri Mar 23 12:31:16 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

My Ubuntu m/c is a 32-bit machine. As seen in uname, it shows "i686".

Linux Ubuntu-dev 2.6.32-38-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:13:04 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

In that case, I think the kexec which I built for Ubuntu will work for Android setup too.

Regards,
Amar

I'm presuming that your Ubuntu machine is an x86_64 host,
and you're trying to build a 32-bit kexec-tools package
that you can install on your Android setup. I am not
sure how that is done. But for help on kexec-tools,
you should be posting to the kexec-list mailing list:

This list is specific to the crash utility issues.