[Crash-utility] display function parameters for call stack

Lei Wen adrian.wenl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:56:44 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

I notice there was some discussion around on enabling
the display function parameters feature for crash tool.
Like this one:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/crash-utility/2009-May/msg00016.html

Although the answer seems to be quite clear, it should be hard to
support such feature. But does this feature cannot be done anyway?
I think this feature would be great in assisting kernel debug.

The main feature I require, first should be know each param's value in the
call stack.
Then it is better to know each call stack's param's name.

Like for do_vfs_ioctl function, it is better to display as:
do_vfs_ioctl(filp=xxx, fd=xxx, cmd=xxx, arg=xxx)

Do you have any idea on how this could be implemented?

Thanks,
Lei