[Crash-utility] Packaging eppic

Petr Tesarik ptesarik at suse.cz
Tue Apr 2 08:37:42 UTC 2013

Hi Luc (and all crash developers on Cc),

since libeppic is now used at least by two projects (crash and
makedumpfile), I packaged it for openSUSE, but I cannot get it included
in Factory because of versioning policies for snapshot releases.

If I knew the planned target version, I could package the git snapshot
as a pre-release, but currently I can't, because I don't know if you
want to continue with the sial versioning scheme (last published was
sial-3.0), or start again from 1.0 (or even 0.1?).

Unless I'm missing something, I cannot see any public (versioned)
release of libeppic right now. Please, can you advise?

Thanks in advance,
Petr Tesarik