[Crash-utility] mm_struct for exiting tasks

Justin Vreeland jvreeland at cray.com
Tue Jul 16 17:55:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm Justin Vreeland, I'm currently and intern at Cray working with the
OS/Kernel group.  We use crash frequently to track down various problems
and sometimes we need to get information about tasks that were exiting
when the dump was taken.  Because the mm_struct has been removed from
the task struct. Crash doesn't let you use vtop or vm to do this so I
added a way to specify mm_struct (with -M) for tasks whose stats is
'Exiting'.

Currently it's a bit hackish it modifies the tasks status and context to
pass all the checks, and then restores both before returning.  If this
is something you're interested in it I'd be happy to bring it up to
snuff. Modifications are attached.

--
-Justin