[Crash-utility] Question for ARM developers/users w/respect to makedumpfile [PROBLEM SOLVED]

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 14:41:09 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> It just occured to me that we compile makedumpfile for ARM with following
> flags:
>
> 	-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> 	-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> 	-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
>
> and looks like crash doesn't have such flags set. Do you think setting those
> might help here?

Crash does use -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 for all the 32-bit architectures.

And it should be noted that the problem does not exist with natively-compiled
ARM crash binaries.

So the question is, would -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE and -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE affect
alignment when building on an x86/x86_64 host with "make target=ARM".