[Crash-utility] Why module's global symbol cannot be displayed in crash?

Lei Wen adrian.wenl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:49:38 UTC 2013

Dave,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

For current, what I saw is when I have loaded the module, only
the t or T type symbol is installed, while others like d or D type it
would not be loaded at all...

While for one symbol, I already knows its member has a specific
magic number, so that I search the memory, and find its virtual
address becomes to 0xexxxxxxx, not the 0xbfxxxxxx.
So does it mean the debuginfo in that module only has text related,
while data type are all muted, and why?...

Thanks,
Lei