[Crash-utility] Why module's global symbol cannot be displayed in crash? [ARM]

Mika Westerberg mika.westerberg at iki.fi
Thu Mar 21 18:01:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:04:16AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:

> [...]

AFAICT, arm_uvtop() should do the translation depending whether the address
falls to the kernel virtual address or userspace. There's a check:

	if (is_kernel_thread(tc->task) && IS_KVADDR(uvaddr))

and I believe that IS_KVADDR() is enough here as it checks both the module and
kernel virtual memory limits.

I asked Luc whether he could provide his last file set to me as well. Hope
they will shed some light into this.

Dave,

Are you able to access module symbols on ARM dump (the one that Luc provided)?
Or is it failing completely?