[Crash-utility] Using crash to debug a domU on xen.

Petr Tesarik ptesarik at suse.cz
Wed Oct 16 13:49:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:02:51 -0400
Don Slutz <dslutz at verizon.com> wrote:

> I have some code that allows this.  See the following mail thread:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/174807
>
> The questions are:
>
>  1. Does remote access have a specification?
>  2. Is it supported?

I have never even made it to work. But since there's now some new use
for it, I wouldn't object reviving the code.

>  3. Should the code be part of xen or crash?

I think it should be part of xen, because it needs the xen development
files, which would be a new dependency for the crash utility. Also, the
development cycle is more aligned with xen than crash.

Just my two cents,
Petr T