[Crash-utility] previous source tarballs of the crash utility.

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 15:10:45 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> I need to download an old crash source tarball, e.g. 7.0.1, but I am just
> able to find 7.0.6 (from http://people.redhat.com/anderson/ ) and 7.0.5 and
> 7.0.4 (from https://github.com/crash-utility/crash/releases ), but I found
> there is a src.rpm on rpmfinder.net
>
> crash-7.0.1-2.fc20.src.html 	Kernel analysis utility for live systems,
> netdump, diskdump, kdump, LKCD or mcore dumpfiles 	Fedora Secondary Rawhide
> Sources 	crash-7.0.1-2.fc20.src.rpm
> Anyone knows whether the code in rpmfiner.net is exactly same as the one
> which was on http://people.redhat.com/anderson/ . Is there any place which
> have those old source tarballs or rpms?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

The crash sources found on http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=307
take the upstream tarball from http://people.redhat.com/anderson, and may *possibly*
apply additional patches.  However, in the case of crash-7.0.1-2.fc20, no additional
patches were applied to the upstream version.

Until I recently started the github repository, old upstream tarballs/rpms were not
saved anywhere except for those found in the Fedora repository.  And the Fedora releases
do not necessarily track all upstream releases.  If you really need a particular version,
I can reproduce it from the in-house CVS repository.