[Crash-utility] crash-utility at redhat.com, anderson at redhat.com

Karlsson, Jan Jan.Karlsson at sonymobile.com
Mon Jul 7 05:45:17 UTC 2014

In general you cannot cross compile crash. The code in crash require that host and target are the same. There are a few exception as the architectures in some cases are equal enough. Example:
target=ARM and host=X86 (and host=X86_64 building crash as a 32-bit executable)
target=ARM64 and host=X86_64
target=X86 and host=X86_64 (building crash as a 32-bit executable)
there might be other examples, but these are the ones I have come across.

Jan

Jan Karlsson
Senior Software Engineer
System Assurance