[Crash-utility] Debuginfo packages for Ubuntu 12.04

Ku, Eugene Eugene.Ku at ca.com
Tue Jul 29 16:10:24 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am working on a product that supports Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS has delivered many different versions of Linux kernel.  In order to run crash to analyze crash dump from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, we need a matching debugging Linux kernel module, vmlinux.  Do you know if there is repository for all released Ubuntu kernel debuginfo packages?  I have searched Ubunut and Debian web sites but could not find such a site.  The closest thing I have found is http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/pool/main/l/linux/; however it only has linux-image-3.2.0-* ddeb packages.  For Ubuntu 12.04 LTS it has delivered 3.2.0-*, 3.5.0-* and 3.8.0-* kernels.  These ddeb packages are also huge, more than 600MB each.  If there is a repository for vmlinux files only, that will be even better.

Please advise.  Thank you so much.

Eugene